Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Sounds you don't want to hear in the dead of night...

Glass breaking, Earth shattering, and of course that ever so familiar vomit sound followed by the projectile vomit that hit me, the bed, and ended up all over the baby.

Let me back up. I picked up big girl from school Monday. She complained about her tummy hurting; a sick hurt and an owie hurt. She did her homework and went to the chair to lay down. She DOES NOT do this normally so I knew she felt bad. I baby her and rub her tummy. The next morning she somehow ends up in my bed. I wake her up for school. She tells me she still feels bad. I tell her if she doesn't go to school her friends couldn't come over to play like we had planned. She says ok. My baby is SICK. Off to the dr. we go. After the exam he concluded she has a virus that is just "ripe" to cause pain, vomiting, and diarrhea. Nice. So we go get groceries and go home. She has soup and goes to bed right after her bath, not begging to play or read. I hear baby boy about 2 in the morning waking up for his midnight snack. I go in there and am immediately hit by the foulest smell. (For dinner he munched on Ritz veggie crackers and Gerber meat sticks. They smell bad enough out of the jar, imagine mixed with a few body fluids.) My little guy has thrown up on himself in his sleep. I get him up, clean him up, change his clothes, and bed down for the night. He fell asleep while eating and I had barely dozed off when it hit, literally. He hit me in the chest. It ended up all over him, me and the bed. I change him and wipe him down again, change myself, and change the bed. He is now wide awake and notorious for crawling off the bed. We have a little "chat" and he finally falls asleep around 4:30. We wake up at 7:30 to begin our day. Big girl decides she feels ok to go to school. Baby boy decides he doesn't need no nap! He finally poops out about 45 mins. before we have to get Baby girl from school. She makes it through school and seems ok here and there. She did have a couple of times she was hurting. After a nice tummy rub she was feeling better. Now I have to figure out if it is a virus or a UTI that the dr. first thought it was. She has told me it hurts to potty. She went to sleep tonight with no arguing. Tomorrow she may go back to the dr. if she isn't any better. This is why I love the military.

Baby boy has no more sickies other than one bad diaper. Mommy needs a drink....

No comments: